Labrynthe offers a wonderful opportunity for students to learn exciting new concepts of astronomy and space sciences by hands-on learning activities. Labrynthe brings innovation to scientific education and makes learning interesting in the form of weekly Astronomy Club.
The club brings the student closer to the environment through its astronomy based outdoor activities. The weekly club sessions inculcate scientific temper & the love for science and environment among the students. The exciting and intriguing sessions have been developed in-house by our research team.
Students have the opportunity to enroll in the Club, which offers certification courses in astronomy and space science education. The courses includes outdoor scientific camps and day and evening observations carried out within and outside the school campus. The students primarily learn science by observing and analyzing objects around them. The courses teach budding astronomers various skills including – Making a telescope, Focusing a telescope on a celestial object, Identifying celestial objects, Identifying directions without aid, Finding local time, astrophotography and many more.
ADVANTAGES OF LEARNING ASTRONOMY AND SPACE SCIENCE FOR STUDENTS:
- Increases the scientific temper and positive attitude towards science and environment.
- Improves the personality of the child through improvement of life skills, team spirit and interpersonal skills.
- Gets the opportunity to participate in national and international competitions and projects organized by NASA, ISRO, ESE, RSA, etc.
- Enhances critical thinking and helps in learning science in an interesting way through hands-on activities.
- Astronomy being a multi-disciplinary subject, helps students to learn geography, physics, history, electronics, environment science, etc. concurrently.
- Improves familiarity with the objects visible in the night sky, making the process of learning the most ancient science an enjoyable one.
- Get evaluated by learning an easy and interesting subject in a fun-filled way.
- Learn to handle a telescope independently and conduct observation sessions.
OUR ASTRONOMY AND SPACE SCIENCE CLUB INCLUDES:
- 40-50 hands-on Astronomy sessions covered over a period of 12 months.
- SCIENTIFIC PROJECTS- NASA’s project-Sally Ride EarthKAM, Eratosthenes’ Experiment (every quarter) & Globe at Night.
- INTERNATIONAL EVENTS- Global Astronomy Month (GAM) Celebration and World Space Week (WSW) Celebration.
- ASTRONOMY BOARD- Weekly updates related to Astronomical research and events
- CELESTIAL OCCURRENCES- Observation sessions for students and parents for astronomical events like Eclipses, Conjunctions and Oppositions.
- COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENTS- Visit to NGO’s and observation sessions for people in the locality.
- EXPOSURES- Conferences, seminars and hangouts for selected students.
- COMPETITIONS- Participation in national and international level competitions like painting, poetry, photography, etc. organised by various prestigious institutions like AWB, WSW, Vigyan Prasar, ESA, etc.
- ASK AN ASTRONOMER- Answers to all your Astronomy related queries.
- CELEBRATIONAL EVENTS – Birth anniversary/significant day celebrations of space missions & eminent people life Astronauts, Astronomers, Scientists, etc. Celebration of events like Yuri’s Night, Earth Day, National Science Day, etc.
- ASTRO CARNIVAL/ CELESTIAL RENDEZVOUS- Culmination of the program, a day full of fun and excitement as students will display their models and demonstrate the activities to parents.
- CERTIFICATION-Students shall be honored with “Amateur Astronomer” certificate at the end of the club
THE CLUB SESSIONS HAVE A LOT TO TEACH STUDENTS AT A PERSONAL LEVEL:
- They learn Astronomy in a continuous manner.
- The students learn the meaning of team spirit.
- They develop interpersonal skills.
- They appreciate science and its relevance in daily life.
- They develop respect for instruments, scientific procedures and observations.
- They develop an inquisitive mind, ready to take the challenges of real-world problems, solving which benefits the society at large.